What Is an “SR” Form at the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles?
The BMV often sends notices to drivers in Indiana requiring the driver to provide information on an “SR” form. What is this? “SR” forms are simply forms that provide the BMV with information that they need in order to properly monitor your license. They are usually used to gain information about accidents, or insurance.
Sometimes the BMV requires you to provide an “SR” form and sometimes the court will produce a needed “SR” form. Below is a list of “SR” forms from the Indiana BMV website describing each type of form. Of course, if you have further questions about these BMV forms, give us a call at Arnold Terrill Anzini, P.C., and we may be able to answer your question in greater detail.
- SR16 - This form is used by courts to notify the BMV that a driver has been charged with, failed to appear for, or failed to pay a traffic violation that involves a motor vehicle. This form also notifies the BMV when the above has been complied with.
- SR17 - This form is used by courts to notify the BMV that a hardship license will be issued to the driver concerned. This form also provides information on the period of the license and of any limits on the driver's driving privileges.
- SR21 - This form must be completed and submitted by any driver involved in an accident that results in injury, death or damage to property amounting to over $1,000. The form should be signed by the insurance company, stating the insurance amount. It should be mailed within 10 days of the accident.
- SR22 - This form is used to show proof of insurance by drivers who have been convicted of an offense which requires them to have insurance for a three-year period. The form must be filed with the BMV for three years from the date declared by the BMV.
- SR23 - This form is used to show proof of insurance for vehicle convoys.
- SR31 - This form and the package that goes along with it is used by drivers who need to show another financial proof other than insurance.
- SR33 - This form is used by the court to inform the BMV of the amount of money owed by the owner or operator of a motor vehicle.
- SR50 - This form is used to show proof of (MISSING COPY HERE AND WHAT WOULD NORMALLY FOLLOW A LIST.)