Fort Wayne License Suspension Lawyers
It is not even possible to list all of the ways that a person can end up
with a suspended license in the state of Indiana. A person can end up
with a license suspension for criminal matters both felony and misdemeanor
(such as drinking and driving), for infractions (tickets) and even as
the result of a lawsuit! In fact, those suspensions can be ordered by
a court, or by the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV). Below is a sample of
common types of license suspension, but remember, there are many more.
Contact us at the law firm of Arnold Terrill, P.C., for more information about
license suspensions as well as
driving under the influence defense representation. We offer free initial consultations. Schedule
yours today with one of our experienced Fort Wayne license suspension lawyers.
Operating While Suspended Or OWS
- The driver would be suspended for a minimum of 90 days whether it was charged
as a crime or as an infraction.
- The court would NOT always notify you of such a suspension. But rest assured,
the BMV will.
Leaving The Scene Of An Accident Or Failure To Stop At An Accident
- For most offenses under the "Leaving the Scene of an Accident Law,"
the driver would be suspended for a minimum of 90 days.
- The court would NOT always notify you of such a suspension.
Possession Of Marijuana
- Generally, if a vehicle was involved at all, the driver would receive a
180-day driver's license suspension.
- This law does not require that the person actually was using or intended
to use the marijuana.
Failure To Pay A Judgment For An Accident
- If you are sued for an accident and lose, and if you fail to pay the judgment
against you, the person who has a judgment against you can ask the Bureau
of Motor Vehicles (BMV) to suspend your license.
- That suspension will remain in place until the debt is paid or until other
arrangements, agreeable to the person suing you, are made.
Nonpayment Of Child Support
- Failure to provide proof of insurance
- Operating while intoxicated or OWI/DUI/DWI
- The minimum license suspension is 90 days with possible suspension up to
- The driver is not always able to get a license to drive to work.
Contact Albion Suspended License Attorneys
A properly trained criminal defense attorney can help you obtain a temporary
license after such a suspension. And even more importantly, a properly
trained attorney can help you avoid such a suspension in the first place.
That, of course, is the best and least expensive way to maintain your license.
Contact Arnold Terrill, P.C., for experienced and skilled driving while intoxicated defense lawyers. Call
888-912-7220 for a
free initial consultation.