Fort Wayne Traffic Violation Lawyers
Defense for Traffic Tickets in Indiana
While many individuals choose to simply pay their traffic fines, attend traffic school, and pay higher insurance premiums, you can fight a traffic violation ticket in Indiana. While it is easy to view a traffic violation as just a “minor infraction,” traffic tickets can have serious consequences. You can receive up to 8 points for a traffic violation and points remain on your driving record for two years. Missing a court date or paying a ticket late, can result in a citation for failure to appear (and the suspension of your driving privileges).
You may be required to complete a Driver Safety Program if you:
- Were convicted of two traffic offenses or more within 12 months.
- Are younger than 18 years old and were convicted of two traffic offenses or more (traffic accidents).
Defense for Serious Traffic Charges in Indiana
In Indiana, major traffic offenses (that can result in the loss of your driver’s license for a year) include:
- Driving a commercial vehicle with a blood alcohol content level of .04% or higher.
- Failing to perform field sobriety or chemical tests.
- Fleeing an accident.
- Committing a felony while operating a vehicle.
- Driving a commercial vehicle without the proper driver’s license.
- Causing a death while operating a vehicle.
- Driving with a suspended license.
- Being a habitual traffic violator.
It is important to note that even less serious offenses can result in serious penalties and driver’s license suspension. These offenses can include driving over the speed limit by 15 miles per hour or more or driving in a reckless and negligent manner. Texting and driving, operating a commercial vehicle without having your commercial driver’s license on your person or without endorsement, and changing lines improperly can also be considered serious charges.
Arnold Terrill, P.C., Is Prepared to Fight for You.
Whether you have received a ticket for reckless driving or failure to obey a stop signal, you can turn to our Fort Wayne traffic violations lawyers for aggressive legal defense. We are skilled at obtaining reductions and dismissals of traffic citations and can put our more than 75 years of combined legal experience to work for you.
Our firm has built a great reputation due to our proven track record of success in complex cases.
Our legal team will provide a vigorous defense regardless of the severity of the charge.
Accessible to Clients
We understand that time is of the essence. We are available 24/7 and offer free consultations.
At Arnold Terrill, P.C, our attorneys have a combined 75 years of legal experience.